How do I insert my cup?
Many of my friends have stared at me with a question mark on their faces, asking me how I get the cup "up there", and my answer remains the same. Just try it. When folding your O! Koek! menstrual cup, you'll noticed that it's more or less the same size as a tampon. There are a few folding options (I elaborate on 3 below), and you'll find one that works for you. Just like riding a bike – practice makes perfect.
• Wash your hands thoroughly (sing Happy birthday to you twice to yourself)
• Fold your cup the way it suits you
• There are a few folding options - the C-form fold, 7-form fold and the pinch-fold.
|The C-form fold works best for me. Press down on the sides of the cup, then fold it in half to form the letter C.|
|With the 7-form fold, you also press down on the sides of the cup, but then fold the top-right corner down to the bottom-left to create the number 7.|
|For the pinch-fold, press in on the one side of the cup, and then press the sides together.|
Try them all and then decide on one that suits you.
• Place the cup comfortably inside your vagina
• Allow it to unfold and twist it slightly to create a vacuum
Removing• Wash your hands thoroughly (sing Happy birthday to you twice to yourself)
• On the toilet, relax and find the base of your cup with your fingers
• Tug gently on the stem if you need to
• Pinch the base of the cup to break the vacuum, remove the cup and empty the contents into the toilet
Ready to take the plunge? Throw a cup in your basket: